Re: [Chicken-users] escaping the # character in identifiers

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] escaping the # character in identifiers
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:43:57 +0200

On 9/7/05, Dmitry Lizorkin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thus, having a code like the one below,
>
> (define lazy:promise?
>   (cond-expand
>    (chicken (lambda (p) (##sys#structure? p 'promise)))
>    (plt promise?)
>    ...))
>
> - I have to escape the # character in the identifier.
>
> Is there a more uniform approach for achieving this?

I'd put those things into an include file, and say

(cond-expand
  (chicken (include ...))
  ...)

This requires of course to put the whole definition into the include
file, including the `define'. It is also more portable, because
cond-expand is IIRC not defined for non-toplevel contexts (I can't
check right now, srfi.schemers.org seems to be in a bad mood).