Re: [Chicken-users] MinGW build

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] MinGW build
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:09:57 -0700

Patrick Brannan wrote:

I'm trying to build chicken 2.2 with mingw and am having a small problem. It looks like it is trying to build posix.c and is having some difficulty. Should posix.c even be built on windows? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No it shouldn't be. This is the same bug as I have been referring to in my post about mingw_libdir.

Prior to this error there was an error building tcp.c. Swapping the following two lines fixed that one.

// # include <winsock2.h>
#include <ws2tcpip.h>

Hm, well at least you've found a workaround for 1 error.

It looks like I may have a configuration variable out of wack.

The configuration is simply not working well for MinGW. Felix has said he's amenable to a better system. I'm not sure what that would mean exactly. A conservative approach would be to try the latest version of autoconf, autotools, and company, and see if that doesn't solve problems. A more bold approach would be to try some other configuration tool, but I don't know what's available. I'm imagining "works with a C compiler" is a requirement, as opposed to, say, a Python based tool?

Cheers,
Brandon J. Van Every
   (cruise (director (of SeaFunc)
           '(Seattle Functional Programmers)))