Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:55:19 -0400

On 9/29/05, Jörg F. Wittenberger <address@hidden> wrote:
> Since the threading system of rscheme and chicken are simillar in a way,
> one should consider that user level threads are hardly scheduled to
> multiple processors, while kernel level processes do with ease.  Thus
> delegating encryption into separate subprocesses could be beneficial.

This is my biggest problem with many Scheme implementations. As
offensive as it is to many Schemers, SMP and multicore CPUs will be
the main sources of processor performance improvement for the
foreseeable future.

I've started assembling a page describing the threading
implementations of various Schemes at <http://xmog.com/scrap/show/12>.

Regards,
Ed

--