Re: [Chicken-users] -O3 wierdness

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] -O3 wierdness
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 22:01:27 -0000

Am 01.10.2005, 15:57 Uhr, schrieb Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden>:

[...]
I'm getting different results when compiling code using -O2 and -O3.
[...]
Is there something I'm missing?  If you need more information about the
environment, let me know.
[...]

Hello,

the CHICKEN manual states that
  * `-optimize-level 2' is equivalent to
    `-optimize-leaf-routines'

  * `-optimize-level 3' is equivalent to
    `-optimize-leaf-routines -unsafe'

So with `-optimize-level 3' enabled, I think one should not wonder about any error not being caught. I actually wonder why one error is still caught with that optimization setting!

cu,
Thomas