Re: [Chicken-users] alternate build tools

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] alternate build tools
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 21:54:15 -0000

Am 01.10.2005, 15:53 Uhr, schrieb Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden>:

[...]
Does SCons have the ability to abstract away the compiler details? A friend of mine said it didn't, that you had to specify all the flags manually yourself.
[...]

Hello,

SCons doesn't require you to set any compiler switch by hand, but you can do so. The same is true for CMake, I think. Of course no build system can ever know all the possible switches all the possible compilers may understand, so for special optimizations, for example, you will always have to write custom rules -- in that point I see no difference between SCons, CMake, autoconf or any other tool.

After all, there is only the one true free compiler that we all enjoy to use ;)

cu,
Thomas