Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:34:47 +0000

On 10/3/05, Peter Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
> <snip>

I have seen very similar discussions on python-dev. There most people
are strongly advocating *against* threads and consider as viable alternatives
cooperative multitasking and processes. In my experience I can say that
if you have powerful libraries to manage interprocess communication and
asynchronous programming (say Twisted) the only use for threads is to manage
third party libraries which are blocking, but for new code you can do
practically
everything without threads.

       Michele Simionato