Re: [Chicken-users] Significant overhead to simple-macros?

From: Raffael Cavallaro
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Significant overhead to simple-macros?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 02:27:56 -0400

On Oct 10, 2005, at 1:52 AM, felix winkelmann wrote:

Simple macros is pretty big and the numbers code is quite

memory intensive/allocation happy, so we have more data

in the heap (simple macros) and loads of GC's (numbers).

Thanks for tracking this down. It's not a big issue for me - I only stumbled across it accidentally - I was just testing to make sure that I understood how to use simple-macros with other libraries when I noticed that certain things seems to take longer when simple-macros was loaded. I was only concerned that there might be a bug in simple-macros that might need to be fixed. Glad to hear that there is not and that this is only a matter of taxing resources excessively.

BTW, your responsiveness on this list is nothing short of amazing, and Chicken grows more and more impressive with each release.

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.