Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:51:15 -0700

felix winkelmann wrote:

On 10/22/05, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
I used the Chicken 2.2 tarball as a guinea pig, just adding
CMakeLists.txt to it and no other actions.  When I use my fully licensed
retail version of VC++ 7.1, 'cmake -G "NMake Makefiles"' generates its
output without a hitch.  When I use the free VC++ Toolkit, I get a bunch
of errors.  So, the problem is surely that the retail compiler has all
sorts of tools and paths configured properly, and the free version
doesn't.  Probably there is more work to get a valid build environment
going with the free version.  I did run the appropriate vcvars32.bat
with the free version, but that isn't enough to solve the problem.  I
bet I don't have the Platform SDK set up properly to work with the free
version; for instance, I don't see any includes or paths for it in the
envioronment.  Also beware of the 'csi' shadowing gotcha, as the
Platform SDK has its own csi.exe apparently.

Very good. Thanks, Brandon!

Do you have the full Platform SDK, or just the core part installed?
I downloaded the Full SDK and did a Custom install. The only thing I customized is I had the SDK register its environment variables.

Now when I type 'nmake -f Makefile', both the Retail and the Toolkit version die looking for libchicken.lib.

Building RC object CMakeFiles/chicken_exe.dir/chicken.res
Linking C executable chicken.exe
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libchicken.lib'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\
VC7\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'