Re: [Chicken-users] 2.2 on windows

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 2.2 on windows
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 07:43:45 +0100

On 11/8/05, Daishi Kato <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have finally done compiling 2.2 on windows
> using free MSVC toolkit an vcbuild.bat.
> There are a few findings:
>
> a) chicken-setup
> Somehow, (ensure-directory) does not work on my windows.
> It tries to recreate an existing direcotry.
> A workaround was just to delete (ensure-directory) and made
> sure that the directory was created beforehand manually.
> I'm not sure if someone else could reproduce this.

But if the directory doesn't exist, would ensure-directory succeed?
Anyway, you could also try this patch to chicken-setup.scm:

51a52,61
> #ifdef _WIN32
> # include <windows.h>
> static void create_directory(char *pathname)
> {
>   CreateDirectory(pathname, NULL);
> }
> #else
> static void create_directory(char *pathname) {}
> #endif

86c96,102
< (define mkdirp-command (if windows-shell "mkdir" "mkdir -p"))
---

> (define create-dir
>   (if windows
>       (foreign-lambda void "create_directory" c-string)
>       (lambda (dir)
>       (when (run-verbose) (printf "  creating directory `~a'~%~!" dir))
>       (system* "mkdir -p ~a" dir) ) ) )
400c416
<          (run (,mkdirp-command ,tmpdir))
---
>          (create-dir tmpdir)
485c501
<       (run (,mkdirp-command ,spath))
---
>       (create-dir spath)
509c525
<       (run (,mkdirp-command ,dir)) ) ) )
---
>       (create-dir dir) ) ) )

> b) http.egg (http-client.scm)
> ntohs() and getservbyname() are not supported on win32. (True?)
> I just let (getservbyname) return 0.
> But, there could be better error reporting.

According to MSDN, both functions should be available and are
declared in winsock2.h.

> c) spiffy.egg
> (set-signal-handler!) is not supported in posixwin.scm,
> and an error is raised when running.
> I have no idea what to do with this. Please help.

What kind of error do you get?

> What I am just wondering is that if I am the first person
> to try spiffy on Windows, or something is wrong on my side.

I tried it a long while ago (and wasn't very successfull).