[Chicken-users] tagging pointers.

From: Pupeno
Subject: [Chicken-users] tagging pointers.
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:45:54 -0300

Hello,
I am playing with tagging pointers, I get a pointer somehow [1] and then try
to tag it:

#;4> (tag-pointer dpy 'x-display)
Error: unprintable non-immediate object encountered

As Riastradh suggested, it seems the printer can't deal with tagged pointers.
So I thought about working with it without printing (although printing tagged
pointers would be nice and useful):

#;5> (define t (tag-pointer dpy 'x-display))
#;6> t
Segmentation fault

I'd say there's something wrong there, maybe at my code [2].
In a different case:

#;4> (define t (tag-pointer dpy 'x-display))
#;5> (pointer-tag t)
Error: unprintable non-immediate object encountered
#;6> (tagged-pointer? t 'x-display)
Segmentation fault

Am I doing something wrong or did I hit a bug ?

Just in case, I installed 2.207, and there I got:
#;2> (define dpy (x-open-display))
#;3> (tag-pointer dpy 'x-display)
Error: unprintable non-immediate object encountered

        Call history:

        <eval>          (tag-pointer dpy (quote x-display))     <--
#;4> (define t (tag-pointer dpy 'x-display))
#;5> t
Error: unprintable non-immediate object encountered
#;6> (tagged-pointer? t 'x-display)
Segmentation fault

Thank you.
--