Re: [Chicken-users] tagging pointers.

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] tagging pointers.
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:08:17 -0600

Pupeno, although I didn't try your code, the tagged pointer
functionality seems to work for me (for artificially-generated
pointers).  E.g.

Version 2, Build 207 - macosx-unix-gnu-ppc - [ dload ptables ]
#;9> (address->pointer #x80bf740)
#<pointer 80bf740>
#;10> (tag-pointer # 'x-display)
#<tagged pointer x-display 80bf740>

Could you try this sequence?

Even though dpy prints as a pointer, did you try checking that
(pointer? dpy) returns #t?  Perhaps the pointer object is not properly
copied from the nursery into garbage-collected memory?  Most of the
time "unprintable immediate object" means the object is pointing to
invalid memory, not that the object printer doesn't work.