Re: [Chicken-users] Current date/time?

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Current date/time?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:33:46 -0000

Am 26.11.2005, 23:52 Uhr, schrieb Matt Gushee <address@hidden>:

[...]
Is there a function that returns the current date/time? I've looked
carefully through the posix interface docs, and can't find it there; and
I see that Chicken doesn't support SRFI-19 (wouldn't that be a good
idea?). So, other the obvious kludge of calling the 'date' shell
command, what can I do?
[...]

Hello,

are you using a recent version of CHICKEN? In my 2.212 build, the POSIX
unit contains the necessary functions:
  * There is the current-seconds function in the library unit, which
    retrieves the current utime,
  * and in the POSIX unit you find seconds->local-time, seconds->utc-time,
    seconds->string and time->string.

Support for SRFI-19 wouldn't be a bad idea, though...

cu,
Thomas