Re: [Chicken-users] -benchmark-mode

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] -benchmark-mode
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:43:57 +0100

-benchmark-mode implies -O3, which implies -optimize-leaf-routines.

The latter transforms routines that don't perform any further
calls and do only simple operations into non-CPS procedures,
which is more efficient. So for example:

(define (foo x) (+ x 1))

(print (list (foo 33) (foo 44))) ; call twice to avoid beta-contraction

produces:

/* foo in k18 in k15 in k12 */
static C_word C_fcall f_22(C_word t1){
C_word tmp;
C_word t2;
return((C_word)C_u_fixnum_plus(t1,C_fix(1)));}