[Chicken-users] JNI bindings

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] JNI bindings
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:43:00 +0100

Hello!

Daishi Kato and myself have tried to get a basic Java interface
up and running, but currently we have reached a point where
we have no clue how to proceed. The basic stuff is working, but
there appears to be a memory/stack related issue: depending
on the stack-/nursery-setting a minimal SWT program (full
SWT bindings have been created as well, but first the jni bridge
has be working), behaves erratically or
crashes. The basic tests seem to work on Linux (Sun JDK 1.5) and
Mac OS X 10.4 (JDK 1.4, I think). GCJ on Linux works on simple
tests but crashes on the SWT example (at least that's my last
information - I haven't tried GCJ myself).

Are there any Java/JNI experts around? Would someone be
interested to have a look at it? If yes, check out the code by
running "svn co https://svn.afc.no-ip.info/svn/chicken-eggs jni"
(user "anonymous", password empty).