Re: [Chicken-users] dynamic unbound-variable-value procedures?

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] dynamic unbound-variable-value procedures?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:42:27 +0100

On 1/30/06, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unfortunately this is currently not possible. I could
> come up with a C-based solution, but the retrieval (and check)
> of a toplevel variable is not done in a context that allows
> calling a user-supplied Scheme procedure.
> That said, with some minor modifications it is possible to
> code this in C, but callbacks into Scheme are not possible,
> so it's use may be somewhat awkward.

OK, no worries. I was just experimenting :-) ...thought the two hooks
might have provided a simple way to play around with building various
kinds of metacircular interpreters and environments. (For instance,
having the user environment stored in a database and looking up
variables from there on-the-fly.)

Now, back to the real world... :-D

--
Arto Bendiken