Re: svn repo and updates (was Re: [Chicken-users] Re: objc egg v0.4

From: Peter Busser
Subject: Re: svn repo and updates (was Re: [Chicken-users] Re: objc egg v0.4
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:05:13 +0100

Hi!

> sure enough SVN has a repository revision number but there are several
> reasons why I like to keep my own version number around:
[snip]

That is exactly why I suggested to use a second, external number. A single
number which is increased for every upload to the web site. It is stored
outside of the SVN repository. When you switch to a different revision
control system, you can still continue to increase that number for every
upload to the web site.

The major.minor.patch kind of version numbers are rather meaningless in most
cases anyway.

Groetjes,
Peter.