Re: [Chicken-users] Memory Leaks with foreign libraries

From: Matthew David Parker
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Memory Leaks with foreign libraries
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 21:03:45 -0500 (EST)

Well, I looked at my game some more, and at the memory that csi is using,
and it looks like if I move my ship all around the map it will allocate
everything there is to allocate, and then it doesn't use up any more
memory.  Still, though, it never seems to free up any memory, so any new
things just build up.

If I just go into csi and I (define jim "some really long string....")
then it jumps up 100 bytes of memory usage.  Then if I (set! jim "") it
doesn't go back down.  Shouldn't it go back to almost where it was?

Oh, I just looked at my TCP thing some more and it looks like it's got
leaks in C too, so nevermind my previous mention of that memory leak.

Matt