Re: [Chicken-users] Windows build status

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Windows build status
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:35:44 -0800

Patrick Brannan wrote:
Have you checked to see if anything you compile runs with a normal path? Try cutting the path down to CHICKEN_HOME and the system32 directory. I'm having a lot of issues with this.
Yes things run fine with minimal PATHs and an ordinary Command Prompt, no MSYS. The exact path that's working for me:

Path=E:\WINNT\system32;E:\WINNT;E:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;E:\Program Files\Common F iles\Roxio Shared\DLLShared;E:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared \;E:\Program Files\CMake 2.2\bin;E:\Program Files\darcsdir-w32;E:\Program Files\
Chicken\bin

I'll wager your woes can be solved by installing the Platform SDK as per my build instructions. I don't know what the PSDK dependency actually is, but it does cause the build to work.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every