Re: [Chicken-users] Windows binary manifest

From: Bruce Mitchener
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Windows binary manifest
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 00:26:32 -0700

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 2/7/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
I would say "bundle of HTML."  It seems like there's too much documentation
for a single HTML sheet.  I know that with HTML, I can always hyperlink
around to stuff I want to get to.  I don't know if I can do this with PDF or
not.  I've encountered very few PDF documents that I could actually do this
with, so that my impression is "I cannot."  Regardless of the truth, that's
the impression.  Impressions matter when people are fumbling with the docs
for the 1st time.  Less people will give up if they see something they think
they know how to navigate.

Right, a bundle it will be, then.

If you're doing a bundle of HTML, you can also just wrap it up into a compiled HTML help file (.chm) using HTML Workshop from MS (hhc.exe) and a couple of additional files to guide hhc.exe through the process.

This is pretty convenient for Windows users typically (I'd prefer it over a folder of HTML).

 - Bruce