Re: [Chicken-users] EOF syntax as Emacs comment?

From: Reed Sheridan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] EOF syntax as Emacs comment?
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 01:38:39 -0600

On 2/9/06, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:
(mmm-add-mode-ext-class nil "\\.scm" 'scheme-eof)
(mmm-add-classes
'((scheme-eof
    :submode text-mode
    :front "#..EOF"
    :back "^EOF$")))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.scm" . mmm-mode))

This declares "scheme-eof" as an extension class, provides the regexes
to match the beginning and end of the EOF section, and specifies the
mode to use within that section (I chose text-mode). Finally, it adds
mmm-mode to the auto-mode-list for .SCM files.

This successfully makes it appear that there's a different mode in the here document, but, unfortunately, it doesn't fool paredit.  I give up for now, but I'll still find this useful for other things.  Thanks.

Reed Sheridan