[Chicken-users] /DPIC schizophrenia

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] /DPIC schizophrenia
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 03:13:38 -0800

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
In vcbuild.bat, chicken.dll, chicken_gui.dll, and uchicken.dll are compiled with both /DC_NO_PIC_NO_DLL and /DPIC. That strikes me as wrong, or at least error prone if it doesn't actually harm anything. Or are these not mutually exclusive flags? In that case, I could use a crash course in what they really mean.
Ok, back in MinGW land, now *libchicken.dll* has the bazillion C_temporary_stack errors etc. Previously it was only libuchicken.dll. When building shared vs. static libraries, I've been using [PIC | C_NO_PIC_NO_DLL]. Is this wrong? It seems that vcbuild.bat uses [(C_NO_PIC_NO_DLL & PIC) | C_NO_PIC_NO_DLL]. It's 3 am and I really don't get it. Why use C_NO_PIC_NO_DLL for everything? Is it a legacy issue, an OS or compiler specific issue...?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every