Re: [Chicken-users] Segfault manifested in sha2

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Segfault manifested in sha2
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:16:57 -0800

I will make them static.

Best Wishes,
Kon

On Feb 21, 2006, at 7:40 PM, Reed Sheridan wrote:

On 2/20/06, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:

Could be something I did, message-digest is mine, and it was recently
updated. However, it doesn't explain the above. (I will look into
this more tomorrow.)

It turns out that the problem is  that sha2-base.c now defines  versions of SHA256_Final (and other functions) that is incompatible with that in libssl.  You switched the order of arguments to most of the functions in sha2-base.c, which is what caused this.  Since libpq depends on libssl, if it's loaded first, the sha2 egg will call the wrong version of SHA256_Final.  This was probably an error waiting to happen anyway, because the version in libssl is probably subtly different even without a different prototype, or will be someday.

So what should we do?  Mangle the names of everything in sha2-base.c, or make it depend on libssl?

Reed Sheridan