Re: [Chicken-users] benchmarks and test suites

From: Patrick Brannan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] benchmarks and test suites
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:18:40 -0600

I don't think that STACK_GROWS_DOWNWARDS has any effect on WIN32 builds. I've had it in and out and it has made no difference.

More concerning is the hard-coding of things like -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H in csc.scm.in. Since this isn't setup for windows who knows what might go wrong. Right now csc works ok with the following mods when it is run through sed as it is in the mingw makefile I attached.

*** csc.scm.in
    Line 105
      removed the -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG define
    Line 185
      (define default-library-files '("%libdir%/libchicken.a"))
      (define default-library-files '("%staticlibfiles%"))
    Line 529
      Removed -fPIC and -DPIC

By the way, I ran all of the benchmarks and they worked fine.

Pat

On 2/25/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
Patrick Brannan wrote:
> Fixing the PIC thing involved changing line 80 of chicken.h from
> # if defined(__CYGWIN__) || defined(__MINGW32__)
> # if defined(__CYGWIN__)
>
> I'm not sure exactly why, but the c pre-processor was generating some
> funny dllimport dllexport statements with the __MINGW32__ in there.
>
> Every benchmark I have tried has run. After some patches csc and
> chicken-setup ran as well.
>
> I think we may be the only two who care about this. Nevertheless, I
> will document my changes and post them. Chicken is a lot of fun to
> work with.
You know, I've been around that issue.  But I guess I didn't resolve
it.  My issue turned out to be a -D typo, and so I never did verify
whether the #if you show above was correct or not.  Another issue I'm
unclear on is STACK_GROWS_DOWNWARDS.

Cheers,
Brandon