Re: [Chicken-users] MINGW Build with make file and no MS Tools

From: Patrick Brannan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] MINGW Build with make file and no MS Tools
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:03:15 -0600

I agree that we should merge the efforts at some point. I was just
having a lot of problems with basic compilation and linking issues and
cmake was getting in the way. Not because it is bad, but because it is
a whole new language that I did not really learn well. While I am not
a "make" genius, I do know it and what I don't know is well
documented.

The focus of my efforts was in getting the basic chicken tools
building with MINGW and no MS dependencies. I'm trying to work out
things like compiler flags, code patches, and a day to day working
environment. This should help chicken move forward on the win32
platform.

Patrick