[Chicken-users] Chicken on Wikipedia

From: Tony Sidaway
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken on Wikipedia
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:47:15 +0000

I wrote this stub article a couple of days ago and it has expanded
somewhat today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Scheme_compiler

I've concentrated on the design, which I think is the most remarkable
thing about Chicken.  To support this I also created an article on the
garbage collection scheme that is used by Chicken, the Cheney
algorithm.

Things that would probably *not* fly well on Wikipedia: command line
options, blow-by-blow accounts of unique features, etc.  People can
get that from the manual.

Imagine you're a person with an interest in computer science, or a
generic Lisp programmer, or just a person of high curiosity who is
willing to do his own research, and you come to an encyclopedia
because you want to know roughly where Chicken fits into the general
scheme of things.

If you contribute, do please also say hello on my user talk page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Tony_Sidaway