Re: [Chicken-users] objc/cocoa and deploying

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] objc/cocoa and deploying
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:49:55 -0600

Ben,

I haven't yet attacked the problem of distributing binaries to people
without a copy of Chicken installed, and I've never been able to get
-static working on OS X.  Hopefully we can get something working
starting with Felix's instructions.   It is possible that copies of
Chicken's dynamic libraries could be included with the application,
but I haven't worked it out.  If your application is split into
modules, we also will need a way to ensure they are in the load path
(it's possible that modules should reside in Contents/Framework
instead of Contents/MacOS with the app).

I will look into this as well.  It's clearly an important problem, it
just hasn't been addressed yet since the objc egg is pretty new :)