Re: [Chicken-users] import, the utf8 egg, syntax-case and tinyclos

From: Sunnan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] import, the utf8 egg, syntax-case and tinyclos
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:20:38 +0100

At Thu, 23 Mar 2006 02:12:47 -0600,
Alex Shinn wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure what (uses) does, but I don't think you want this
> line.  If you want these features you should just use

That's how we always did it when we were kids! I wasn't sure how
chicken had changed.  But I changed it as per your suggestion. (Same
problem, though - I don't think the problem is with the utf-8 egg.)

>   (require-extension srfi-1 srfi-13 regex)
>
> Note that utf8 already provides Unicode-aware regex functions.

Thanks!

> Also, srfi-13 won't do the right thing with utf8 strings, it'll treat
> them as byte strings.  If you're using utf8, you probably want

I only use the srfi-13 operations on strings which have had their
non-ascii characters stripped; but I might change it as per your
suggetion to make it less confusing for any possible future
maintainers of my code.

>   (require-extension syntax-case tinyclos utf8 utf8-srfi-13)
>   (import utf8)
>   (import utf8-srfi-13)
>
> which works fine for me.

I still get:
Error: unbound variable: clean

        Call history:

        ##sys#require
        ##sys#require
        make-method
        add-method                      <--

clean is a method I have defined differentlly for numbers, characters
and strings. Works fine when I'm not requiring syntax-case.

AML,
Sunnan