[Chicken-users] more problems with macro expansion in a compiled binary

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: [Chicken-users] more problems with macro expansion in a compiled binary
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:09:10 -0700

This was working before I upgraded to chicken 2.3.  My spiffyd.scm
looks like this:

(declare (run-time-macros))
(include "chicken-more-macros")
(use spiffy)
(load "/etc/spiffy-conf.scm")
(start-server)

and I compile it to a binary.  When I try to use wiki->html (from
Alejandro's stream-wiki egg) from an .ssp, it's only partially
functional - not all the wiki patterns are parsed properly.  Some are,
some aren't.  (For example ==Title is not parsed - the equal signs are
left intact.)  But when I compile a binary from code like this:

(use stream-wiki)
(write-stream
        (wiki->html (port->stream (open-input-file (car
(command-line-arguments)))))
        (open-output-file (string-append (car
(command-line-arguments)) ".html")) )

and compile it with Chicken 2.3, the same egg as installed works just
fine.  So something is different about running from an .ssp vs.
running it as a standalone binary.  Of course, in the case of the
standalone binary the extension was known at compile time, whereas in
the .ssp case it's not, but I thought that's what the (declare
(run-time-macros)) was supposed to take care of.  And if I add (use
stream-wiki) to spiffyd.scm (in an attempt to pre-load the extension)
and recompile, it makes no difference.