[Chicken-users] CMakeLists.txt updated in darcs

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] CMakeLists.txt updated in darcs
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:52:51 -0800

I have updated CMakeLists.txt and README.cmake-and-mingw32 in Darcs. There are no functional changes over what I previously posted to the Chicken mailing list, but the point is, now it's in darcs.

It took me a month to get to it, owing to signature gathering, but I finally figured out how to use darcs, putty, and ssh. I have ingratiated myself with a public-private key password pair. My workflow is now "darcs push address@hidden:/home/chicken/chicken". I record all my changes in my local repository, fiddle with them as I like, and then push them when I feel they're good to go. I am impressed with darcs' distributed capabilities in this regard. Apparently it doesn't much matter what order I do my work in, or what other people do meanwhile. Rah rah functional programming!

I also spent 8 hours trying to compile OpenSSH for MinGW before giving up and using putty. Which proved to be pretty easy, making me feel stupid for bothering with the OpenSSH sources. Such is my lot in open source land.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every