Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Advantages of CHICKEN over Gambit-C

From: Matthew David Parker
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Advantages of CHICKEN over Gambit-C
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:27:05 -0500 (EST)

> Concerning readline, I like to call chicken using rlwrap.  This little
> tool gives you readline's capabilities without forcing a license on
> you.

Oh that's a pretty nice utility there, I just tried it.  It still uses the
GNU readline library, but at least it's a completely separate program
instead of a library called within chicken.

It works for me better than the readline egg.  With the readline egg, if I
try to call up my xpilot extension, which runs in a thread, and normally
an Xpilot X11 window would appear, instead the prompt just writes
"#<thread: thread0>" and no window appears.  It works using rlwrap though.

Matt