Re: [Chicken-users] calling all regex gurus

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] calling all regex gurus
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:21:13 -0800

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 3/31/06, Peter Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi!

So, I need to extract the Version and Build numbers from the Chicken
banner.  The banner as given by "chicken -version" is:

I could be wrong, but wouldn't it make more sense to add a command line switch
which only prints the exact version number?

Yep, I'll add this. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's good to have, but it won't actually help me for awhile, because it won't exist in deployed Chicken versions.  That is to say, I'll have to use my "proven" approach for awhile anyways.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every