Re: [Chicken-users] Assistance with http egg

From: Jim Miller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Assistance with http egg
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:35:30 -0400

On 4/16/06, Thomas Chust <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, Jim Miller wrote:

> I'm fairly new to scheme having been convinced by reading SICP that its
> worth a shot.  So far I'm trying to convert some code over to using
> chicken scheme and I'm very happy so far.

Hello,

it's good to hear for a seasoned schemer that somebody actually likes the
language after reading the textbook ;-)

Actually the textbook ruined me for other languages.  The solutions in the SICP are simply so elegant that doing them in other languages just feels barbaric.  I'm just having to learn to get over my C/C++ curly brace bias.

Hmm, when I run the example on my machine, it works just fine, so I guess
it is still valid. But the fact that you get a 404 error page in your
browser means at least that the server is up and running. Maybe you should
analyse the debug messages printed by the server before it sends the error
response.

The problem ended up being a typo, I mistyped addl instead of add1

Also, if you plan to use CHICKEN for serious web programming, I guess you
should have a look at spiffy, the more full featured server built on top
of the http egg. Or if you are running something like Apache already you
might be interested in the SCGI provider egg.

I'm actually needing to embed a web capability into an executable that has to link into the existing executable.  The Http package works very, very well for what I currently need.