Re: [Chicken-users] Re: photo album in chicken

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: photo album in chicken
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:30:04 +0200

On 4/30/06, Ashish Shrestha <address@hidden> wrote:

Editing scheme code:
Yes, I am hand-indenting and most probably don't have the indenting
correct. I did try emacs but went back to vi/vim because of two
reasons.

First, vi/vim is available in most Linux (I use gentoo on my server)
and Mac OSX (my personal laptop). It doesn't require additional
installation. I have installed it with cygwin on my work machine.

Second reason, most of the people I know use vi and hence I keep
learning new things. I did give emacs a try but I didn't really find
myself very productive in it. I guess I haven't really seen some one
use emacs regularly to understand it.

The right editor is the one you prefer. Personally I'm unable to
code in anything but emacs, but the path was stony and I often
wish I'd be more comfortable in less "heavy" editors (I try to
use pico, but only for quick editing jobs - in the end I always

A quick question, what is the recommended/standard way to handle
exceptions/errors. For example, if you have an IO error?

You should look at `handle-exceptions' and `condition-case':

(condition-case <expression>
 (ex (i/o) <do something>) )