[Chicken-users] Chicken on OS X

From: Dinesh Nadarajah
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken on OS X
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:11:14 -0500

Hi all:

I am new to this list. I have looked into Chicken Scheme some time
back and would liek to do a very small project in it. The only problem
is that I use OS X. I installed Chciken using darwin prots and it
installed version 2.3 but for some reason it did not install the FFI
portion. Some googling asnd seaching the chicken-mailing list archives
showed that ffi.h and related stuff is not installed by XCode.

As some people on the list have expressed, I have some reservations
about installing ffi.h that is not part of the XCode tool chain. The
main reason for this I need to use the cocoa binding for the project.
I have three questions in this regard:

1. Is there an easier way to get chicken installed and get cocoa up
and running for it?

2. Are there any plans to provide a binary installer (like for
Windows) for OS X so that the chicken scheme compiler and related
tools are easily installable on OS X?

3. Has anyone on this list developed any apps using the cocoa-objc
bindings? Should I look at other Scheme/Lisp with cocoa support for
this? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

-Dinesh