Re: [Chicken-users] silex command line documentation

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] silex command line documentation
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:25:54 -0700

Kon Lovett wrote:
On May 13, 2006, at 1:37 AM, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

It's a bit cryptic:

Usage: silex FILENAME [OPTION ...]

 Reads a syntax definition from FILENAME.l and generates
 a lexical analyzer named FILENAME.l.scm. For a list of
 options, see the SILex manual.

But the silex.ps I obtained from the Silex Egg webpage has no mention of command line options at all. Nor is inspecting the source code yielding any clue. In particular, I'd like to know how to generate an arbitrary output filename. Short of hacking around it with "mv blah.l.scm blah.l.silex". Also if there are any command line flags for include paths.

See the source code section labeled 'Decoupage des arguments'; what you want is the option 'fileout'.

Does it not understand pathnames, or Windows pathnames?

Brandon J. Van address@hidden ~/msys/chicken
$ silex filein E:/devel/src/chicken/easyffi.l fileout E:/devel/msys/chicken/easyffi.l.silex counters none
Lex error:
filein: unrecognized option "E:/devel/src/chicken/easyffi.l".