[Chicken-users] CMake builds on Cygwin

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] CMake builds on Cygwin
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 00:34:41 -0700

The Chicken Darcs repository can now be built using CMake 2.4.2 on both MinGW / MSYS and on Cygwin, if you have a Chicken compiler already installed. This means it is also very likely to build on Linux. I don't know about on MacOS as I'm not familiar with how it differs from other Unixy systems. I'm now going to try to kick VC++ into shape. Borland and Watcom builds are also theoretically possible, although I have no CMake experience on these platforms.

I encourage you to try the build out on your system, to shake out what options need to be set on different platforms. This is of course not production quality stuff yet. The build instructions in Darcs are MSYS specific and probably out of date. You'll need some basic intelligence to do the build, but if you know how to use CMake already, it's trivial.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every