Re: [Chicken-users] foreign functions, swig

From: John Lenz
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] foreign functions, swig
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 14:28:49 -0500

On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 23:42 +0200, felix winkelmann wrote:
> On 5/20/06, Dan <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Thanks. I ended up writing SWIG typemaps (which I'm
> > providing below, for those interested; no checks for
> > now). I really think these should have been provided
> > by SWIG, though...
>
> Hm... I can send these to the SWIG maintainers.

No need :)  I usually read/scan the chicken-users mailing list for SWIG.

I think I will add a file called srfi4.i that needs to be explicitly
included (and add something to the chicken documentation on how to
include it), instead of always including these typemaps in every
interface generated. To use them, an interface would just need to have a
line like

%include <srfi4.i>

This would be similar to how generic arrays are handled. see
http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Library.html#Library

Dan, for future compatibility you can just create a file named srfi4.i,
and include it from every interface file you have.  Then, when the new
version of SWIG comes out you will be able to either delete srfi4.i or
whatever (depending on how you have your SWIG library search path set
up).

John