Re: [Chicken-users] static library and link

From: Frédéric Peschanski
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] static library and link
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:22:52 +0200

Thank you thomas for your insightful answer.
Sadly I tried again and now I have different but still
undefined symbols (only one in fact : C_pischeme_toplevel)

What I understand is that I am probably wrong with the whole process.

So let's rethink the plan and explanation.

What I want to do is to compile a library (either shared or static,
of course preferably shared) whose source code is in a bunch of .scm
files, let's say R5RS-compliant code to start with.

I have a set of support files, e.g. supp1.scm, supp2.scm, ..., suppN.scm
and a main library file, e.g. mylib.scm

For example :

==> supp1.scm
(define (foo)
  (display "foo"))

==> supp2.scm
(define (bar)
  (foo))

==> mylib.scm
(declare (unit mylib))
(declare (export (foo bar)))

==> myexample.scm
(load-library 'mylib "mylib.so")
(bar)

Probably there are missing links between the library files.
I put the minimum of information because I would like to
maintain some "inter-scheme" compatibility if possible.
That's why I reserve a dedicated file for implementation-related
infos (mylib.scm)

Finally, I don't really understand which commands I should
use for compilation :
- of the individual .scm ==> .o
- of the library .o ==> .so
- of the executable myexample.scm (+link with mylib.so) ==> myexample

Thank you if you can help me (or are these dumb questions ?),
Fred.