Re: [Chicken-users] 3.5 Distributing compiled C files

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 3.5 Distributing compiled C files
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:01:05 -0700

On May 24, 2006, at 10:30 PM, John Cowan wrote:

I tried this recipe with my application joy80.scm, a single-file
application, on Cygwin.  Unfortunately, it fails with thousands of
link-time errors which boil down to the following undefined
symbols:

        `__imp__C_disable_overflow_check'
        `__imp__C_dlerror'
        `__imp__C_fromspace_limit'
        `__imp__C_fromspace_top'
        `__imp__C_main_argc'
        `__imp__C_main_argv'
        `__imp__C_max_pending_finalizers'
        `__imp__C_stack_limit'
        `__imp__C_temporary_flonum'
        `__imp__C_temporary_stack'
        `__imp__C_temporary_stack_bottom'
        `__imp__C_timer_interrupt_counter'
        `__imp__C_trace_buffer_size'

Yeah. These have a, after macro expansion, 'extern __declspec (dllimport)' specifier in "chicken.h'. However, in "runtime.c" there is no corresponding '__declspec(dllexport)' for the declarations of the above exported symbols.

This is a static build, yes? Perhaps defining 'C_NO_PIC_NO_DLL' would help. I notice the "vcbuild.bat" does this.

I copied chicken.h from /usr/local/include and the .c files
(runtime.c, library.c, eval.c, extras.c) from the Chicken install
directory.

--
A rose by any other name                            John Cowan
may smell as sweet, http:// www.ccil.org/~cowan