[Chicken-users] Autocompletion for readline egg [patch]

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] Autocompletion for readline egg [patch]
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 19:27:12 -0500

Attached is a patch I made against the readline egg (as it is
currently in the eggs' repository) that allows it to support
autocomplete.

I have the following code in my ~/.csirc:

  (require 'readline 'regex)
  (current-input-port (make-gnu-readline-port "csi> "))
  (gnu-history-install-file-manager (string-append (or (getenv "HOME") ".")
"/.csi.history"))
  (define *completion-entry-function* ##csi#name-of-symbols-starting-with)

With this, csi will attempt to autocomplete symbols using
##csi#name-of-symbols-starting-with.  Saves some typing and sometimes
helps when one doesn't remember the exact name of a function.

Tony: could you please apply it and update the egg (or, if you want, I
can do it for you, just let me know)?

Thanks.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/