[Chicken-users] Re: silex.exe dies

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: silex.exe dies
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:57:43 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

I tried adding typedef __int64 int64_t to chicken.h. I also tried adding __int64 to easyffi.l. Neither approach worked. I would appreciate advice or a resolution to this problem as it's holding up my builds.

Hrm. I unrecorded a bunch of stuff in my own Darcs repository. The failure of silex.exe predates integer64 support. I don't know what causes the failure. I will try unrecording even more stuff until I find it. If that doesn't work, I'll have to actually think about what's going on.

Ok I looked back in Darcs and I don't know why silex.exe dies. easyffi.scm last changed on May 4, 2006. silex.scm changed on May 13, 2006, that was the "separate input and output file" capability. It worked fine. easyffi.l hasn't changed since Feb. 13, 2006. I guess it's not silex itself, but something silex uses from libchicken that causes the death. The death is: "The exception unknown software exception (oxc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x00476407."

Haven't really gone up a debugger learning curve for this stuff. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear 'em before embarking on this.

I will point out that only the CMake build compiles a silex.exe. It was either that or search for an extant csi.exe. Since I already had the search code to find chicken.exe, I thought it would be easier to just compile silex.exe. Maybe I'm revealing a bug or inconsistency between interpreted and compiled versions that's always been present, but the interpreter is more forgiving?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every