[Chicken-users] booting from old Chickens

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] booting from old Chickens
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 01:42:33 -0700

What's the oldest Chicken you think is likely to build the current Chicken? I know Chicken 2.3 will do the job, what about earlier? I have a minimum required build number set in CMake. I'll lower it + test it, if something older is likely to work. The payoff, as I see it, is leveraging installed base without fuss. In particular, whatever is floating around in Linux and Cygwin distros.

CMake status: all platforms now build and install, but I haven't tested them. I'm concerned that the directory regime may not be properly implemented, i.e. the /bin /lib /share directories.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every