Re: [Chicken-users] Order of loading extensions and syntax extensions

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Order of loading extensions and syntax extensions
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 00:33:58 -0500

> >Should I remove that register-feature! from srfi-40.scm and update
> >the srfi-40 egg or would that break things?
>
> No.

"No, you shouldn't do that" or "no, that would not break things"?
I expect you to reply something more specific than "Yes." ;-)

> Moving 'register-feature!' to the compiled file is best. With it in
> the syntax file the system "thinks" the extension is already loaded.

This would not solve the problem.  If something causes the compiled
file to be loaded, the system will still fail to load the syntax in
those cases when it should (eg. "(use stream-ext) (use srfi-40)").

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/