[Chicken-users] depreciating CHICKEN_HOME

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] depreciating CHICKEN_HOME
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 03:14:26 -0700

Is the msvc vcbuild.bat version of Chicken the only one that relies on CHICKEN_HOME? If so, I suggest it be depreciated for all other installations. If we've gone to the trouble of hardwiring a bunch of directories for csc.exe, I don't see why CHICKEN_HOME should have the right to mess them up. Unless I'm missing something about how CHICKEN_HOME is actually used by people. In the sources, it looks like a hack to allow vcbuild.bat to install in a flat directory when everyone else has a hierarchical directory structure.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every