Re: [Chicken-users] booting from old Chickens

From: Frank
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] booting from old Chickens
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:36:14 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
Frank wrote:

I'm not sure whether this helps you, but the new 2.315 just builds fine w/ the VC 2003 toolkit when using makefile.vc and win-install.bat.

Yes I know, as does 2.3.  But the point as per the subject line is to
bootstrap from older Chickens.  For instance there are Debian distros
with Chicken 2.2 floating around, as well as whatever people have left
on their machines since who knows when.  If I can prove that the
bootstrap works from earlier Chickens, then I can save some users some
steps.

My point was to inform you (and Felix, who requested info on 2.315 installation results) that installation - means bootstrapping - works w/ the mentioned tool chain, which again means no bootstrapping from old versions required at all w/ the mentioned tool chain. Maybe I just missed the point of your exercise ;)

Best regards anyway,
  Frank