[Chicken-users] Re: let-location

From: Nico Amtsberg
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: let-location
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:48:29 +0000 (UTC)

Hello again!

felix winkelmann <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 6/12/06, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi Felix,
>>
>> There does seem to be a problem here. I can't see anything obvious in
>> the compiler C output, but then I have trouble at the best of times
>> deciphering it ;-).
>>
>> I have attached a simple variant of Nico's example. Just uncommenting
>> one of the 'print' expressions will "remove" the problem. I am
>> guessing a minor gc is invoked due to the 'print'.

Sidenote: this mail did not reach me - I use the gmane news interface to
read this mailing list, but it is also not accessible through the web
interface of the mailing list.

> Oh boy, that was a tough one. I will push a fix to darcs/subversion
> in the next minutes. It turned out to be a GC/locative-handling bug.
> If you have a certain perverse fascination for hard-core debugging
> war stories, read on...

First of all, thanks for your fast reply and the tremendous effort to find
and eleminate this bug.
But the error still seems to be present. With chicken-2.318, which is the
latest I get from svn, the sample program fails with an assertion in runtime.c
at line 3278 in update_locative_table which seems to be the cause of the error
as you described.
Or is there another version or a simple patch around which I'm missing?

Thanks
Nico