[Chicken-users] GeoIP egg for Chicken

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: [Chicken-users] GeoIP egg for Chicken
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 02:54:17 +0200

I've completed an initial version of my first egg for Chicken: a
simple binding to the GeoIP C API library, providing IP-address-based
geolocation.

The egg and eggdoc are available at:
http://bendiken.net/code/chicken/eggs/geoip.egg
http://bendiken.net/code/chicken/eggs/geoip/geoip.html

This is a straightforward mapping of a subset of the GeoIP C API to
Scheme, and usage is simple:
 (geoip:country-code-by-addr "194.97.107.133")  ; => "DE"
 (geoip:country-code3-by-name "www.google.com") ; => "USA"
 (geoip:country-name-by-name "www.bbc.co.uk")   ; => "United Kingdom"

There is some more information about GeoIP in my blog post at:
http://bendiken.net/2006/06/19/geoip-api-for-chicken-scheme

I'd appreciate hearing about it if anyone finds this egg useful.

--
Arto Bendiken | address@hidden | http://bendiken.net/