Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS immutable pair

From: Dan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS immutable pair
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 14:39:16 -0700 (PDT)

> just "break some
> > existing programs", it breaks with 50 years of
> lisp tradition. [...]

> would just be a rather drastical change...

Why isn't everyone up in arms about this? Doesn't this
mean that many existing eggs, as well as extenral
packages, and our own software, will break? Wouldn't a
new (declare) form be sufficient?

If they make pairs immutable, why not make vectors
immutable as well? Heck, why not drop Scheme and pick
up Haskell?

-- Dan