Re: [Chicken-users] Re: windows CMake builds csi problems

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: windows CMake builds csi problems
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:21:15 -0700

Dan wrote:
The Cygwin CMake build now completes and installs just
file. The "csi -R srfi-1" problem has not gone away,
though. Haven't had time to try a MinGW build yet.

It doesn't work on MinGW either. Can't find the library. I suspect either quoting problems or library directory installation problems. I'm afraid I can't fix this quickly. I'm under financial duress; I went to Portland and made close to $0 on signature gathering. The Washington season is over now and I need a new job. I can't really spend time on this until I've got a job, I can only shoot at "the easy stuff here and there."

I've also discovered that under a MSYS shell, csi yields no #;1> prompt and doesn't respond to commands. Works fine under a normal Windows command prompt, and also under a Cygwin shell. This is true of Chicken in general, not just CMake builds. I wonder what's different about MSYS; I know that many apps suffer compatibility problems with its shell.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every

E:\devel\msys\chicken>csi -R srfi-1

 ___| |    _)      |
|     __ \  |  __| |  /  _ \ __ \

Version 2, Build 324 - windows-mingw32-x86 - [ dload ptables applyhook ]
(c)2000-2006 Felix L. Winkelmann
Error: (load-library) unable to load library
srfi-1
"No such file or directory"

       Call history:

       <eval>          (load-library (quote srfi-1))   <--

E:\devel\msys\chicken>