[Chicken-users] csc links to wrong dll on Windows

From: MichaelL
Subject: [Chicken-users] csc links to wrong dll on Windows
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:06:24 -0400

Programs compiled with Chicken 2.3 link to chicken.dll, when Chicken 2.3
actually provides libchicken.dll. (The library used to be called
chicken.dll in older releases.)

On a separate note, the lack of major and minor version numbers in the
library name creates obvious potential problems when multiple versions of
Chicken are available. (The reason Chicken programs are running on my
computer is that my 2.3 executable is actually finding and using a
chicken.dll from an older release that it found on my path.)